Regional Youth Council
Regional Youth Council (RYC) Chair
Week 1: Mary Arnold (Director), Ralph Wearstler (Asst. Director), Jayne Hilvers (Counselor), Jeff Hilvers (Counselor), Missy Parish (Asst. Director), Zack Carrier (Counselor);
Week 2: Michael Doerr (Director), Chrissy Stonebraker-Martinez (Asst. Director), Sarah Powers (Counselor), Candis Wilson (Counselor), Colleen Munley (Counselor);
Week 3: Daun Seitz (Director);
At Large: Aaron Philips, Katelyn Keresman, Richard Woodward
CYF Report 2018-2019:
- SLT training happened in October
- We had to cancel the CYF Retreat at Southside Christian Church in Lima due to low attendance
- CYF Council happened in April
- Counselor Training was done in May
- A small, but mighty, team of 4 youth and 3 adults went down to camp for mission work through an even we called Summer Missions. We will see what this becomes
- CYF Week 1 went in the books with great success and no hiccups
- Week 2 is underway now (as of this being written)
- Week 3 will be the first time that we try running a Chi Rho and a CYF week concurrently. I have been told from my director and Ann Overturf (the other director and co-chair of Chi Rho) that everything is already worked out
- This year's SLT voted that 20% of the DIG proceeds go to CYF Admin: leadership training costs, RYC meeting costs, etc...
- With the close of 2018-2019, the CYF Commission will therein after be known as Regional Youth Council (RYC) and incorporate 4 youth from each conference week and the adults currently serving
- SLT will be no more, as these youth will/are submitting applications, covenants, and recommendation letters to be apart of the RYC
- All youth of the RYC will serve a 2 year term (with the exception of this first year)
- Current Active members include: Mary Arnold, Michael Doerr, Daun Seitz, Colleen Munley, Sarah Powers, Jayne Hilvers, Jeff Hilvers, and Candis Wilson, Ralph Wearstler, Missy Parish.
- Members at risk of being kicked due to inactivity: Zack Carrier, Aaron Philips, Chrissy Stonebraker, Richard Woodward, Katelyn Keresman.
- August 16th is the video conference that the old SLT will vote in the incoming RYC members
- September 21 is the RYC fall meeting date
- At this fall meeting we will discuss reaffirming the old or voting in a new chair of the RYC (my current position)
- I will also push that the RYC vote in a vice-chair so that when I step down, there is some sort of plan of continuity
- I will also push that we have a designated adult of the RYC in charge of all activities for the youth RYC: volunteer project, fundraising, point person, etc...
- We will also be looking at some brand new curriculum.
- Lastly, we will hear from the youth: what the retreat will look like, what kind of volunteer project they want to do, what they want camp to look like, etc...
DIG Disbursements 2019
20% - Ohio CYF
20% - Cleveland Christian Home
20% - Hiram Farm
10% - Church World Service
10% - Disciples Home Missions
10% - Hocking Valley Parish
10% - Youth Scholarships
The three 2019 Summer CYF Conferences collect $10,414.85 in their DIG Offerings!!