Week of Compassion
February 17 - 24, 2019
The theme for the 2019 Special Offering for Week of Compassion is “More than we can imagine!” That theme, based on Ephesians 3:20, reminds us that we are not alone in our imagining a better world for all God’s children, for it is God’s imagination that fuels and empowers ours! You see, God imagines a world where:
- No one is left to face the ravages of natural disaster alone - neighbor helps neighbor, stranger helps stranger - for we are the church together!
- Even if things will never quite be the same after a disaster, God can work through all events to bring new life, new hope, and even more resilience;
- Clean and abundant water and ample sanitation facilities are available to every person;
- Work brings security from hunger and the land is treated with respect;
- Families displaced from their homes are able to build new lives;
- Women are no longer subject to discrimination and gender-based violence.
And God also imagines Christians of many traditions, coming together to help make these things ever more a reality for more and more people!
For you see, our imagination of what might be is founded and grounded in what God envisions and hopes for. And we can help – through our gifts of treasure and talent, prayer, and presence, we can make this world ever more like the way God would wish it, ever more the way that God would imagine it!
Give generously to the Week of Compassion special offering, so that your imagination might indeed be ever more joined with God’s!
For More information about the Week of Compassion Special Offering, go to http://www.weekofcompassion.org/special-offering/