Silent Centering Prayer
In silence, we come to know God.
Today for the devotion, we would like you to take a few moments out of your day for Silent Centering Prayer.
- Choose a word or two that represents to you letting God into your heart during this time of silent reflection. It can simply be the word Silence, or words like Amen, Peace & Love, or Be Still.
- Take a seat and get comfortable. Silently and clearly introduce the word into your thoughts.
- Repeat the word with sincerity, letting it fall down into the stillness of your body. Breathe. Silently repeat the word again.
- When you notice yourself drifting off into other thoughts, gently reintroduce the word.
- Conclude by resting in the silence of the body for a few minutes. Before getting up say a closing prayer of thanksgiving.
We hope that a few moments of silent reflection during your day is a blessing to you this Lenten season.