Search and Call
[Scroll Down For +Listings and *Resources]
- If you are an ordained minister with standing in a region of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), you will have access to the Search and Call process of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) administered through the Regional Offices and the Disciples Home Mission Office of Search and Call.
- If you are a licensed pastor or a pastor of another denomination interested in serving as pastor of a congregation in the Christian Church in Ohio (Disciples of Christ) congregation, contact a member of the Christian Church in Ohio regional staff.
In either case, the first step is to consult with a member of the Christian Church in Ohio regional staff about the search process.
The second step is to familiarize yourself with the Guidelines for Search and Call recommended to congregations by the Christian Church in Ohio. Those guidelines are found here.
The third step is to complete your Ministerial Profile. To do this, you must get the most current version of the computer program. Go to https://dhm.suran.com/minister/login to download the program. Complete it on your computer.
If you plan to circulate your profile only in Ohio, discuss this with a regional staff person BEFORE submitting your profile electronically to the Office of Search and Call. More information and instructions are available from the Disciples Home Mission Office of Search and Call.. Go to their website at:
You may also call Disciples Home Mission at 888-346-2631.
+CCIO Congregational Profiles In Circulation
and Congregations Receiving Ministerial Profiles
- List current as of October 20, 2023 -
The Christian Church in Ohio uses a process of spiritual discernment in working with congregations seeking a minister. Please contact a member of our Regional Pastoral Staff to discuss your ministerial profile, calling and gifts in matching you with the congregations currently searching to call a minister.
Below are the Christian Church in Ohio congregations currently seeking new pastoral leadership as best as the Regional Office knows. An * denotes those positions for congregations actively in the Search & Call process that are posted with more information on the Disciples Home Missions Ministry Profile website https://dhm.suran.com/minister/login. Please contact Rev. Allen V. Harris, Regional Pastor & President, at AHarris@ccinoh.org for further information and if you are interested in being considered for any of these positions.
Congregations Now Receiving Profiles For Consideration:
- Bethany Christian Church, Columbus – Part-Time Interim Pastor
- *Jackson Christian Church, Jackson – Pastor
- *Hilltop Christian Church, Mantua – Part Time Pastor
- First Christian Church, McArthur – Extended Pulpit Supply
- *First Christian Church, Uhrichsville – Part-Time Pastor
- *Central Christian Church, Wooster – Pastor
Congregations In Process & Not Yet Ready To Receive Profiles
- Canfield Christian Church, Canfield – Part-Time Interim Pastor or Part-Time Settled Pastor
- Karl Road Christian Church, Columbus – Part-Time Interim Pastor
- First Christian Church, Newton Falls - In Discernment
- Hale Road Community Church, Painesville - Part-Time Pastor
Congregations On Pause Receiving Profiles
- *Howland Community Church, Warren – Part-Time Youth Minister